ResNet World offers a consortia management program which will assist your staff in selecting the consortia that are best suited for your property. ResNet World has partnered with Lanyon, the world’s largest RFP & Consortia management provider, to offer this valuable service. Our system automates this process saving you valuable time and resources.
What is a Consortia?
According to HEDNA a consortia is a rate negotiated between a hotel company and a travel agency group. Viewership of these rates in the GDS by a TA or other GDS user is restricted and the rate may be booked only after entry of either the Agents or Client authorization code.
Each program has a list of requirements and fees to participate, but the standard requirements include:
- A minimum of 10% off the lowest single published rate (Rack or Corporate)
- Rate Parity
- Last room availability guarantee
- 10% commission to the Agent
- All rates quoted are to be guaranteed for the entire year starting from Jan 1 to Dec 31, unless otherwise noted
What are the benefits to participation?
- Increased visibility – You will be visible by all agencies under the consortia umbrella
- Increased Revenue – You will see an increase in revenue generated through participation
- Marketing opportunities – Each consortia will have a number of opportunities you can participate in