Channel Management is a time saving tool for your hotel. It is a web based system utilised by hotel revenue managers to maintain rate and availability distribution across numerous third-party sales channels simultaneously. In addition to time saved, this tool will also ensure rate parity is achieved across the hotelâ€™s entire portfolio of revenue streams. There are two methods for managing rates and inventory. Most conventional channel management companies utilise â€˜screen scrapingâ€™ for adjustment of rates and inventory. This is a manual process whereby the system logs into your OTA channels with logins and passwords to make rate and inventory changes just like a human user would do. This method has limitations in how many rate attributes can be changed and in ensuring that logins and passwords remain relevant. OTA and CRS companies are pushing back on this method because of the enormous strain they place on servers that hold hotelâ€™s data. ResNet World, through its partner Sabre Hospitality, have bypassed conventional â€˜screen scrapingâ€™ and interface directly to the OTA channel. This increases reliability and provides increased flexibility in managing detailed rate attributes. With ResNet World hoteliers have the option of signing up to our preferred Direct Connect product or to interface their existing channel management solution to our system.
What does channel management do?
- Consolidates an unlimited amount of sales channels into a single, easily managed channel.
- Saves time, money. Increases productivity and profit.
- Open doors to additional revenue channels that you wouldnâ€™t have otherwise utilised due to lack of management resources.
- Manages multiple hotels all at once with our simple, easy to use channel management solution.
- Ensures rate parity across all channels.
Advantages of ResNet World preferred Channel Management System:
- Multi-currency and language capability
- Over 450 website partners worldwide
- Simple, easy and affordable implementation with 24 hour support.
- Direct XML interface to all channels which results in the highest level of reliability. We do not â€˜screen scrapeâ€™ rates and inventory like other channel managements company do.
- High level of integration with OTAâ€™s allows for increased level of rate attribute control when compared to conventional channel managers.